Friday, August 7, 2009

Time Flies

Whew! It has been two weeks since my last post, and I feel like I haven’t written in ages. Week three of camp came and went faster than I ever thought it could! For the first time I was solely Translator Coordinator with no surprise jobs. On Monday afternoon the last group of children arrived from the Zhengzhou orphanage and a fun week began! Tuesday was the first trip to the pool and the kids had so much fun going down the waterslides and playing in the mini water park. For the first time, even I was able to get a chance to go down the slides! I took turns “borrowing” orphans from their volunteers so that I could take them down and it was quite a bit of fun. Wednesday morning we had pottery. Though many of the kids had mental disabilities (making it semi-impossible for them to work at the wheel and make a real pot or bowl), they still had an enjoyable time molding the clay into little figures and a few even made attempts at the pottery wheel. In the afternoon we all went to the Big Goose Pagoda fountain show and had a blast running through the water! Thursday was back to the pool and the kids left Friday morning. It was a very successful week and many lives were impacted! I was particularly exhausted after that week, but we had a low key weekend and I was able to get rested up in preparation for the last week of camp. I am amazed at how quickly time flew, and I am so thankful to God for the many opportunities He has given me in these past weeks to show love to the orphans and translators!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty Page Layout

_ *****************************************************************************