Friday, July 10, 2009

Disconnected

Whenever someone goes on a mission’s trip, people always give them lots of warnings about things to watch out for. “Don’t drink the water,” and “Prepare to make mistakes,” were just two of the helpful hints that people gave me before I left. I didn’t drink the water (although I had a close call…) and I am prepared to make mistakes and humbly ask forgiveness, but there were certainly things that I didn’t count on. For one, I hadn’t made the connection that being in a Communist country meant constantly being under the scrutiny of the Chinese government, and as it would appear, resting in the palms of their hands. Another interesting factor of the “China experience” is that the government is constantly blocking, unblocking, and re-blocking popular websites like Facebook, Shutterfly, Twitter, and even certain email applications such as Gmail. On top of that, my internet has completely stopped working and or phone jack is broken anyway, so communication has become extremely difficult. In times like these, it is easy to become disheartened. My mom and dad both sent me multiple emails yesterday asking me to get a hold of them, but we didn’t have internet so I wasn’t even aware of their concern. Now, on this Friday afternoon, we once again do not have internet and we can do nothing but pray that God will open up our connection. I am comforted as I remember that we serve an awesome God, and every obstacle we face is a part of His plan and will ultimately bring Him glory!

Amanda's Mom Here: I am posting Amanda's posts to her blog, and at this moment the internet is working. YAY for me:) Thank you for your love and prayers for our precious daughter. We are up and running again and prayerfully hoping the lines of communication will remain open and more blog posts are to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty Page Layout

_ *****************************************************************************