Sunday, November 15, 2009

My Heart is Heavy

...for my Christian brothers and sisters who are being persecuted for their faith.

*This video is graphic, so I would ask that you not watch it with children and use discernment before allowing junior high or high school students to view it.

** You will need to turn off my audio player to hear the audio on this video. My music player is found at the bottom of the page.

On Sunday nights I attend Kaleo, my church's college ministry. Tonight the message was about prayer and near the end Pastor Cobb spoke of our need to remember the persecuted church. He showed us this video and it brought me to tears. Within the first few minutes I was begging forgiveness of God for forgetting my brothers and sisters who are in such dire circumstances because of their faith. When I am in situations where I am forced to see the reality that people are being murdered, beaten, starved, and so much more simply because they won't deny the name of Jesus I cannot help ask myself, "How do you EVER forget???"

Hebrews 13:3 Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.

1 comment:

  1. remembering with you today, amanda girl. praying for the persecuted church, our brothers and sisters in chains. i am sad to say that i could not stomach the entire video but i thank you for being a part of a big wake up call over in our home. the Voice of the Martyrs conference was another step for us and i hope the perspective change will remain fresh. keep on letting the things that break the Lord's heart, break yours precious girl.

    ReplyDelete

Pretty Page Layout

_ *****************************************************************************