Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sedar Feast, Break = Bliss, and Other Blog Post I Meant to Write!

These past couple weeks have been super busy for me, full of fun (and not-so-fun) activities. As I've rushed through spring break and midterms, I've been in such a flurry that I have neglected my blog. I have so many things that I planned to write about in the past two weeks, but just haven't found the time! I have been thinking of everything in terms of what I want to write about in my blog and, despite my tardiness, I have decided to still write about the highlights :) So, with no more ado... Sedar, Break = Bliss, and Other Blog Posts I Meant to Write!


Sedar Feast - April 9, 2009

My family started a wonderful tradition this Easter week. Along with our friends, the Fitzpatricks, we had a Sedar feast to celebrate Passover. It was a special time for our family as we got to eat a meal full of symbolism pointing to Christ and His death on the cross. It was intriguing to think of how the Israelites celebrated this feast for thousands of years, looking forward to the coming of Christ, and now we, the grafted in (Romans 11:19), can celebrate it looking back to the Saviour that has already come! I am looking forward to celebrating this tradition every year!


He Is Risen! -April 12, 2009

Easter was too fun not to mention! We started off the morning chocolate-cross hunting. I helped my parents hide chocolate crosses all over the house and the youngsters got to search for them. After that we gathered on my parents bed (I wonder if the person who designed that bed meant for fourteen people to sit on it...) and my Dad explained how searching for those crosses was a lot like life. If we search after Christ with all our hearts we are sure to receive a reward (even greater than a chocolate cross!) in heaven. We then went to church and Pastor Chris gave a beautiful message about the redemption of the cross and the hard-truths echoed through the Bible. After church we came home and took a short nap before heading off to an Easter dinner at the Hubbs' house. We enjoyed fellowshipping with them, and my dad, Bethany, and I lead a time of worship with the adults. A perfect ending to a perfect day!


Break = Bliss - April 17, 2009

Spring break came and went faster than I could have imagined. I had so much fun being with my family and taking a break from the raucous of life. After a week of playing with my siblings and movie nights with my mom, I kind of wish I could always be on spring break. But then again, who wouldn't be happy with a schedule like this?

8:00 am - Wake up, eat breakfast, pick up house :)
9:00 am - Build train track for Elijah, help him obliterate it, build it again, and jump on the trampoline with Levi
10:00 am - Snuggle up on the couch with all the kiddos to watch "Princess and the Swan"
11:30 am - Lunch
12:00 pm - Naps!
2:30 pm - Swim time
3:30 pm - Fight Lab
8:00 pm - Movie w/ Mom
10:30 pm - Go on Facebook... ;-) and then off to bed!


The Small Things - April 19, 2009

This Sunday Pastor Chris gave a convicting sermon out of Daniel, chapter 3. The theme of the message was that it is the little things in a believer's life that prepare him for the big tests. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were able to be strong when Nebuchadnezzar threatened to throw them in to the flame, not because they were tough dudes, but because they had followed God's law in their day-to-day lives. The reality that, "He who is faithful in little is faithful in much," (Luke 16:10) was a good reminder to me that its not just what I do, but who I am that shapes my life as a follower of Christ. I am a daughter of the King, redeemed, consecrated unto God, and I am not ashamed! I pray that I truly will learn to be faithful in little so that I may be trusted with much.


Well, there you have it. Now you know what has been floating around in my mind for the past couple of weeks! As the school year draws to a close I will continue to grow more and more busy with finals, 40-hour projects, and big papers, but I will do my best to not fall four blog post behind anymore ;-)

All for His Glory, Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty Page Layout

_ *****************************************************************************