Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas!

Christmas was so wonderful! We kicked it off with a family get together on Christmas Eve, and the event was blissful. Aside from opening presents (need I mention how fun that is???), we had a beautiful time of family worship, Scripture reading, and prayer. Daddy worked it out so that we took turns reading a passage out of the Bible about the birth of Christ and then we would sing a Christmas song. It was so special to re-focus together as a family and meditate on the reason for the season. It was a classic Harow/Varnell get together with lots of loud kids running around (OK! Maybe that was just the Varnell half...lol ;-) and I couldn't help but feel joy in my heart! How I love my family! I am so blessed to be a part of each of their lives!
I am so grateful to God for sending his son as a newborn babe to grow up and take upon himself the sins of the world. It fills me with awe and wonder. And I don't just feel that way at Christmas. That is a wonderful part of being a follower of Jesus Christ- you can be excited about his birth any time of the year! And I am going to use that as an excuse for why I just changed my Christmas blog music today...lol just kidding :-D
Christmas went down without a hitch and we all woke up to find precious notes from Mom in our stockings... she is so faithful! She is trying to make it a tradition and this was her second year doing it. This was her note to me:

My precious daughter, I love you more than I could ever express with words. You amaze me each and every day with your heart for the Lord and our family. This year you have grown in so many ways and it has been such a joy to watch you become a woman of God. I love our late night talks and then I appreciate you bringing me my cup of coffee in the morning to wake me up. You are a gracious young lady in more ways than I can count. I am savoring each and every day with you and not a day goes by that I don’t thank God for bringing sweet you into my life. You are nothing short of incredible. I am very proud, but know it surely hasn’t been about the mom I am. I know you are who you are because of Christ in you. Your life truly glorifies Him!I love you forever and always!

Isn't she a sweetie? I am so blessed by her! If you think about the fact that she wrote 13 heart-felt letters like that after everyone went to bed on Christmas Eve (meaning LATE) you get just a glimmer of how selfless she is :) My parents are so dedicated to each of us kids and they make Christmas fun every year!

P.S. You can read our family's Christmas letter on my mom's blog if you click on the link below :)
http://varnells.blogspot.com/2009/12/very-long-2009-christmas-letter.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty Page Layout

_ *****************************************************************************