Thursday, December 3, 2009

Oh Brothers!

Tonight my brothers had me giggling, smiling, and being thankful that God made me a big sister! This was a Fight Lab night, so we went to our boxing classes. On the way home my Dad was giving everyone a talk about being quiet when we got home so that we wouldn't wake up the babies. He then directed a couple comments towards one of my eleven year old brothers, Noah, hinting that he was generally the loudest. Noah's reply made me smile. He said, "Dad, God gave me a loud mouth for a VERY important reason. Someday, when I grow up, I am going to talk to lots of people and be very in-spir-ational. I will be real good at it because I am practicing now. So ya see, it is really a gift from God!" Well, my Dad was curious to know who had told him these things and Noah replied enthusiastically, "I had a vision. Actually a dream, but it felt like a vision... I dreamed I was talking to a whole bunch of people and they were actually listening to me!" At that point the whole car bust out laughing :D
Later, I was messing around with my seven year old brother, Josh, when he started talking smack about his "skills" in jiu-jitsu. I jokingly said to him, "I don't care how good you are, I can still take you down!" He looked at me real serious and said, "Amanda... I INVENTED the take-down." and quietly walked away. Once again, I couldn't help but laugh :)
My little brothers are certainly good for entertainment! AND they are cute! They are definitely the whole package... but shhhhh! Don't tell them I said that ;-)

1 comment:

  1. i ABSOLUTELY confirm Noah's dream! i can see that mouth, i mean that sweet boy, being used just like that!:)

    and i should know--God gave me a big mouth for a very important reason too!

    those brothers of yours keep me in stitches too!

    hugs to you all, happy day, mrs. fitzpatrick

    ReplyDelete

Pretty Page Layout

_ *****************************************************************************